Job type: Full-time
Hanson is looking to expand its Mobile Software Engineering team with the addition of iOS developers to support our agency’s work with numerous clients. The position requires 2 years experience developing native iOS mobile applications, plus great problem-solving and critical thinking skills, strong team collaboration, and a passion for the details.
Position reports to Director, Mobile & Emerging Technologies.
Responsibilities & Expectations
- Develops and tests defined features within mobile application development projects
- Investigates and fixes bugs
- Stays focused on assignments, avoids tumbling down badger holes
- Breaks down large chunks of work; reviews approach and expected effort with project lead
- Tracks and notifies appropriate team members of progress on assignments
- Works with cross-functional teams that include system engineers, back-end developers, visual designers, functional architects and other mobile software engineers
- Attends internal and client project meetings as needed
- Infrequent travel to client locations for meetings, depending on project
- Accurate tracking and recording time for billing
Core Functional Skills
- Proficiency in native iOS mobile application development and Swift programming language
- Competency using the following software and tools:
- Git and other source control systems
- Objective-C language experience a bonus
Collaboration & Contribution
- Effectively documents work and proactively communicates progress with team
- Actively participates in group sessions to bring value and advance projects
- Appropriately uses all channels of communication (e.g., in-person, phone, email, IM, etc.) to drive progress and clarity
- Communicates proactively vs. reactively in order to maximize problem-solving options
- Provides effective, productive feedback in the moment
- Demonstrates ability to break down complex problems and plan out implementation details (in conjunction with project leads)
- Elevates issues early and shares any potential plans of action/contingency to maximize options
Ideal Experience & Qualifications
- 2+ years of experience as an iOS developer
- Bachelor's degree or greater in Computer Science and/or Engineering
- Comfort with the unknown and the confidence to handle changing project requirements, direction and project plans
- Ideal candidate has experience with the following technologies / systems:
- View architecture - hierarchy, subviews, building for reuse, extending system views
- Database persistence - relational database design, object-relational mapping
- Remote web service consumption - networking, deserialization, error handling
- Asynchronous programming - threads, concurrency, blocks and callbacks
- Build systems and dependency management (Gradle, Fastlane, Cocoapods, Maven, Jenkins, etc.)
- Profiling and optimization
- Bug-tracking systems (JIRA)
- Qualities we look for include passion, confidence, integrity, judgment and a strong work ethic.
- In our experience, there isn’t a single “style” that works. We’ll need you to be a diplomat, strategist, psychologist, salesperson, coach and mentor to our clients and our internal team.
- We value intellectual curiosity and promote it wherever possible. Tell us how you like to learn and grow yourself as it relates to the world of marketing, technology and creative.
- We take our values seriously. Do these sound like things you’re interested in? Be Yourself, Own the Adventure, Stay Curious, Get Emotional, Embrace Family
Hanson offers competitive compensation with an excellent benefits package that includes healthcare, flexible spending, 401K, and paid time-off for your birthday, holidays, and the days we are closed between Christmas and New Years. Work/life balance is important to us, and our collaborative environment is flexible, fun and fueled. (Coffee, snacks, flavored waters, pop and beer Fridays are very important to us!)
To start the conversation, contact us at email@example.com.